March 31, 2017
Energy Minister Giorgos Lakkotrypis will depart for Tel Aviv on Sunday where he will participate in a meeting with energy ministers from Greece, Israel and Italy about the East Med gas pipeline on Monday morning.
The meeting, which will conclude with a joint press conference will be held in the presence of the European Commissioner for Climate Action and Energy Miguel Arias Cañete.
According to a PIO (Cyprus Press Information Office) statement the East Med pipeline is a strategic project for the Eastern Mediterranean which aims to create a direct export route for gas supplies in the region to Europe.
A preliminary study determined the gas pipeline is both technically feasible and commercially viable. The study was carried out by project promoter IGI Poseidon and funded by the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF).
Lakkotrypis will return to Cyprus on April 4.
- Balkans Petroleum . 6-7 Sept 2017 . ATHENS
- Egypt Downstream . 25-27 Sept 2017 . CAIRO
- Global Oil&Gas . 26-28 Sept 2017 . ATHENS
- APPEX Regional . 26 Sept 2017 . ATHENS
- Global Petrochemicals . 13-15 Nov 2017 . ATHENS
- ERTC . 13-15 Nov 2017 . ATHENS
- EGYPS . 12-14 Feb 2018 . Cairo
- HAEE Conference . 3-5 May 2018 . ATHENS