Cypriot daily "Phileleftheros" reports that the Total-ENI consortium are in the last phase of preparations for drilling the "Onisiforos" well in Block 11 of Cypriot EEZ. The drill ship "West Capella" has been contracted for this purpose, whose last contract working at Usan offshore field located in the Gulf of Guinea was terminated by ExxonMobil exactly one year ago.
The "Onisiforos" target is located on the fringes of Cypriot EEZ, less than 15 km away from Zohr's, ENI's 30tcf mega find, 8th well.
According to a Seadrill Partners LLC (owned by Norwegian, Cyprus passport holder, John Fredriksen) press release the «West Capella» contract was secured with Total E&P Cyprus B.V. The $10 m contract is said to start in the 2nd half of 2017, and the drill is estimated to last 50 days.
The «West Capella» has recently been upgraded with an «MPD» (Managed Pressure Drilling) system.
- Balkans Petroleum . 6-7 Sept 2017 . ATHENS
- Egypt Downstream . 25-27 Sept 2017 . CAIRO
- Global Oil&Gas . 26-28 Sept 2017 . ATHENS
- APPEX Regional . 26 Sept 2017 . ATHENS
- Global Petrochemicals . 13-15 Nov 2017 . ATHENS
- ERTC . 13-15 Nov 2017 . ATHENS
- EGYPS . 12-14 Feb 2018 . Cairo
- HAEE Conference . 3-5 May 2018 . ATHENS