Thursday, 13 April 2017
Finance Minister Amr El Garhy discussed cooperating with the European Commission on improving the country’s tax system with its Director GeneralChristian Danielsson on Wednesday. The commission’s delegation expressed interest in providing technical and financial support to improve the efficiency of Egypt’s tax collection, and helping bring up revenues in line with economic performance, according to a ministry statement.
The European delegation also sat down with Oil Minister Tarek El Molla to discuss implementing the Natural Gas Act, which would deregulate Egypt’s gas market and see the state take on the role of regulator. They discussed the possibility of the EU funding more sustainable energy projects, according to a statement from the ministry.
- Balkans Petroleum . 6-7 Sept 2017 . ATHENS
- Egypt Downstream . 25-27 Sept 2017 . CAIRO
- Global Oil&Gas . 26-28 Sept 2017 . ATHENS
- APPEX Regional . 26 Sept 2017 . ATHENS
- Global Petrochemicals . 13-15 Nov 2017 . ATHENS
- ERTC . 13-15 Nov 2017 . ATHENS
- EGYPS . 12-14 Feb 2018 . Cairo
- HAEE Conference . 3-5 May 2018 . ATHENS