Monday, May 8, 2017
The head of Libya’s National Oil Corp. (NOC), Mustafa Sanalla, and chairman of the Polish Oil and Gas Co. (POGC), Filip Moczydlowski, met at the end of April to discuss POGC resuming its operations in the country. The head of Libya’s Mustafa Sanalla, has again had talks with the chairman of POGC, Filip Moczydlowski, and its general manager Szymon Drzewakowski, with a view to it resuming operations in the country. The discussions took place at the end of last month but have only been announced today.
POGC has invested over $136 million in its two concessions in the Murzuk Basin. The company’s investment led to gas discovered on Area 113/1 in early-February 2014.
The Polish firm pulled out due to security concerns and in a previous meeting in October 2016 Moczydlowski said POGC would return only when security had improved.
- Balkans Petroleum . 6-7 Sept 2017 . ATHENS
- Egypt Downstream . 25-27 Sept 2017 . CAIRO
- Global Oil&Gas . 26-28 Sept 2017 . ATHENS
- APPEX Regional . 26 Sept 2017 . ATHENS
- Global Petrochemicals . 13-15 Nov 2017 . ATHENS
- ERTC . 13-15 Nov 2017 . ATHENS
- EGYPS . 12-14 Feb 2018 . Cairo
- HAEE Conference . 3-5 May 2018 . ATHENS