SAN DONATO MILANESE, Milan -- Eni has made a new discovery of gas and condensates offshore Libya in the ‘Gamma Prospect‘, in the Contract Area D, 140 km offshore from Tripoli, in Libya. The discovery, made through the well B1 16/3, is located 15 km south west of the Bouri field and 5 km north of the Bahr Essalam field. The drilling of the Gamma prospect is part of the “near-field” exploration strategy of Eni, targeting opportunities, that in case of success can exploit synergies with existing infrastructures reducing the time to market and providing additional gas to the local market and export.
The well, drilled in 150 m of water depth, reached a total depth of 2,981 m and encountered gas and condensates in the Metlaoui Group of Eocene age. The well has the capacity to deliver, in production configuration, in ecxess of 7,000 boepd and represents a further discovery made by Eni in Libyan offshore Area D, following the discoveries made in 2015.
Eni, through its subsidiary Eni North Africa BV, is operator of Contract Area D with a 100% working interest in the exploration phase. Eni has been present in Libya since 1959 and currently produces 350,000 boped in equity in the country.
- Balkans Petroleum . 6-7 Sept 2017 . ATHENS
- Egypt Downstream . 25-27 Sept 2017 . CAIRO
- Global Oil&Gas . 26-28 Sept 2017 . ATHENS
- APPEX Regional . 26 Sept 2017 . ATHENS
- Global Petrochemicals . 13-15 Nov 2017 . ATHENS
- ERTC . 13-15 Nov 2017 . ATHENS
- EGYPS . 12-14 Feb 2018 . Cairo
- HAEE Conference . 3-5 May 2018 . ATHENS